Baby's First Christmas

I am thankful to have it be Avery's 1st Christmas! Simply because it means we get closer and closer to her 2nd and 3rd Christmas which she will enjoy that much more. She had the most fun actually playing with her brother's toy (I am guessing this will be the story of her life) then the few things she got. She had her first Cranberry bread (a family tradition) and while she liked the tree and the lights she was not attracted to pulling on it by any means. This gives me hope that in the next couple of years we can put ornaments back on our main tree. She slept through Christmas lunch which gets a "woot! woot!" from me. As for gifts from us she got her cute red piano and a pink walker toy. I really think it is the only pink toy in the house. She got her first pair of pearl earrings from Papa T's recent visit to Japan. And probably the most practical and will be the most used gift was a new security blankee so I am not having to cart the one we had back and forth from school to home everyday. One of the more exciting things for her during the day was the accomplishment of her first steps. We knew it was coming and sure enough they arrived with Santa. My parents got to watch and I am always thankful to witness the 1st instead of them happening at school. It is amazing to think last Christmas I was preggers with her and now here she is. Living, growing and learning. What a tremendous gift she is. 


Post a Comment