Mommy and Daughter

I asked Eric the other day if he has ever felt like there was something different between the connection he has with Renn than Avery? The answer is "yes" for me. Not is a bad way... it just is. When I found out I was pregnant I KNEW she was a girl and that made me nervous. I felt like I had the boy thing down. Could I really raise a girl? Was I going to be good enough at the fashion side of it? Was it just going to be too much hoopla that I feel like comes with girls? Of course, you figure it out and you set your own path as a parent but they were all fears/concerns. Once she arrived. I felt the weight of her being female and knowing in my heart what comes, how life goes, the up and downs, the emotions and needs. It's a lot and I pray A LOT for her little life. May she be confident, bold, brave, healthy, fearless, creative, a lover of Christ and allow Him to love her back as she is. May she know where her worth and value comes from. May she be adventurous, truth telling, loving, kind, have a heart that feels and is moved by others. May she trust me when the going gets tough and know that without a doubt I will understand, support, push, and affirm. I love her. It hurts the back of my throat with the tears I hold back when I think about loving her. 

Little Avery, know that I love you with a love that I never knew could exist and I look forward to knowing you and living life along side you. 

Post a Comment